'Blue Spring Upgrade Kit'
2003 - 2010 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel
(and International VT275 / 365)
'What is the purpose of this kit?'
According to Ford the most common cause of 6.0L injector failure is low fuel pressure. The 6.0 Powerstroke blue spring kit increases the pressure to your injectors by about 10%. Every 6.0L owner should perform this inexpensive upgrade!
'Will this kit damage my engine?'
Absolutely not - this kit was not our idea. Ford developed the blue spring update and both Ford and International sell it through their dealer networks.
'What is included in this kit?'
This kit is very simple - it includes only two parts - a new slightly stronger pressure regulator spring, and a new gasket for the pressure regulator cover.
'Is this kit easy to install?'
Yes, this is a relatively straight-forward job for persons with basic mechanical abilities.
Following are the basic installation steps:
1. Locate your secondary fuel filter housing which is located on top of the engine. In order to access the secondary fuel filter housing, you may need to remove some intake duct work and tie some coolant hoses out of the way.
2. Remove the fuel filter cap and the fuel filter. Remove the fuel from the filter housing.
3. Remove the four torx screws that retain the pressure regulator housing cover to the side of the secondary fuel filter housing. Keep pressure on the cover during this process in order to keep the spring from pushing the cover off too quickly.
4. Gently move the cover away from the housing. Replace the old spring with the new blue spring upgrade and replace the cover gasket. Reverse procedure to re-assemble.
5. Before starting the engine cycle the key several times to prime the fuel system.