- Hydraulic Head-
MAXXForce 11 / 13 / 15
(2010 and newer)
High Pressure Fuel Pump
Is the Cast Iron Hydraulic Head cracked on your pump? This part is easily installed (far easier than changing the pump) and with new pumps averaging over $3,000 this will save you several thousand dollars!
Fits Pump Part Numbers:
BOSCH - 0 445 020 126 L-W, 0 445 020 158 L-W
Navistar - 3005275C1, 3007641C93, 3002634C1, 3014489C91
Bosch Reman #: 0986437506
- Installation is very straightforward, but a few items should be observed.
- ALWAYS wear safety eye-wear and follow all manufacturer's precautions outlined in the service manual
- When working around common rail fuel systems, you much be 100% clean. This admonition can be ignored at your own peril. One spec of dirt in a common rail injector can destroy it. Before opening the fuel system or disassembling the pump, carefully clean the air and blow away any loose dirt.
- Before removing the two large torx bolts that retain the hydraulic head, please recognize that the head is under a fair amount of spring tension. Use a large clamp or a helper with a large screwdriver to keep the hydraulic head from being strongly ejected upwards as the screws are removed.
- Transfer the spring and spring retainer to the replacement head.
- When re-installing the new head, the process can be made easier, by rotating the engine / pump until the plunger that operates the hydraulic head is at it's lowest position.
THE FINAL PICTURE SHOWS A COMPLETE PUMP. THIS LISTING IS NOT FOR A COMPLETE PUMP. THE COMPLETE PUMP PICTURE IS TO SHOW WHICH PUMP THIS PART FITS. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A COMPLETE PUMP.
PLEASE NOTE: VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY - PLEASE CALL BEFORE ORDERING A QUANTITY GREATER THAN (1).