- Hydraulic Head-
MAXXForce 11 / 13 / 15
(2010 and newer)
High Pressure Fuel Pump
Is the Cast Iron Hydraulic Head cracked on your pump? This is a very common problem and new parts are not available at this time. We have saved a few good used hydraulic heads from core pumps with other issues. This part is easily installed (far easier than changing the pump) and with new pumps averaging around $3,000 this will save you several thousand dollars!
Fits Pump Part Numbers:
BOSCH - 0 445 020 126 L-W, 0 445 020 158 L-W
Navistar - 3005275C1, 3007641C93, 3002634C1, 3014489C91
Bosch Reman #: 0986437506
To ensure this pump is correct for your application, it is absolutely critical to match up by part number. Please do not purchase by application alone without verifying that the part number matches what is on your pump (or is a valid supercession).
- Installation is very straightforward, but a few items should be observed.
- ALWAYS wear safety eye-wear and follow all manufacturer's precautions outlined in the service manual
- When working around common rail fuel systems, you much be 100% clean. This admonition can be ignored at your own peril. One spec of dirt in a common rail injector can destroy it. Before opening the fuel system or disassembling the pump, carefully clean the air and blow away any loose dirt.
- Before removing the two large torx bolts that retain the hydraulic head, please recognize that the head is under a fair amount of spring tension. Use a large clamp or a helper with a large screwdriver to keep the hydraulic head from being strongly ejected upwards as the screws are removed.
- Do not loose the two O-rings (one large and one small) between the pump and the hydraulic head as they will need to be re-used.
- Transfer the spring and spring retainer to the replacement head.
- When re-installing the new head, the process can be made easier, by rotating the engine / pump until the plunger that operates the hydraulic head is at it's lowest position.
THE FINAL PICTURE SHOWS A COMPLETE PUMP. THIS LISTING IS NOT FOR A COMPLETE PUMP. THE COMPLETE PUMP PICTURE IS TO SHOW WHICH PUMP THIS PART FITS. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A COMPLETE PUMP.