6.7L Ford Powerstroke
Fuel Return Line Quick Connector Repair Kit
This kit will repair broken return line connections at the following locations:
- Fuel Tank Sending Unit
- Fuel Pump / Primary Filter (HFCM)
- Secondary Fuel Filter
The plastic return line quick connector at the above locations is commonly broken, especially the connection on top of the tank, which is very easy to break when dropping the tank for service. Unfortunately, Ford only offers the complete fuel line assembly which can be exorbitantly expensive and require a ridiculous amount of labor to install versus our kit which installs in minutes.
Please note that this kit ONLY repairs the return line which usually has a blue release tab. The supply lines are a slightly different size and will have a yellow release tab. See related items below for a supply line kit.
Please also note that this kit includes a 90 degree angle connector. A few applications may have a straight or 45 degree connector in which this kit will not work unless you have sufficient room to re-route the line to use a 90 degree connector.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The blue color coding of the return line connector is specific to Ford. Your replacement connector will be yellow in color but will be the correct size.
Ford fuel line repair kit instructions:
(Always were safety goggles and other protective equipment when performing repairs and be sure to consult factory service manual, for additional precautions.)
1. Cut the factory nylon fuel line several inches from the connector. Be sure to cut the line in an area where it is straight, not on a bend. Use a very sharp razor or utility knife with a brand new blade or a specialized nylon line cutting tool in order to achieve a perfectly straight and square cut without crushing the line.
2. Cut the replacement line to the correct length
3. Install the new quick connector to one end of the new section of line and the brass hose splicer to the opposite end.
4. Using an appropriate set of clamping pliers, install one 360 degree seal clamp at each end of the new replacement hose assembly and seat the clamps very firmly
5. Slide the last clamp over the old hose and install the new hose assembly into the existing line on the vehicle and firmly seat the clamp.
6. Install the new quick connector to the mating fitting and push down on the yellow locking tab closest to the mating fitting to lock the quick connector in place.
7. Have someone cycle the ignition to pressurize the fuel system and carefully check for leaks. Then start the engine and continue to monitor for leakage before operating the vehicle.
Note: When it comes time to disconnect the fitting later, the new quick connector is released by pulling outward on the yellow locking tab closest to the end then pushing IN on the thumb tab farther away from the end.