6.7L Ford Powerstroke
Fuel Supply Line Quick Connector Repair Kit
This kit will repair broken supply line connections at the following locations:
- Fuel Tank Sending Unit
- Fuel Pump / Primary Filter (HFCM)
- Secondary Fuel Filter (Back connection)
The plastic supply line quick connector at the above locations is commonly broken, especially the connection on top of the tank, which is very easy to break when dropping the tank for service. Unfortunately, Ford only offers the complete fuel line assembly which can be exorbitantly expensive and require a ridiculous amount of labor to install versus our kit which installs in minutes.
Please note that this kit ONLY repairs the supply line which usually has a yellow release tab. The return lines are a slightly different size and will have a blue release tab. See related items below for a return line kit.
Please also note that this kit includes a 90 degree angle connector. A few applications may have a straight or 45 degree connector in which this kit will not work unless you have sufficient room to re-route the line to use a 90 degree connector.
Ford fuel line repair kit instructions:
(Always were safety goggles and other protective equipment when performing repairs and be sure to consult factory service manual, for additional precautions.)
1. Cut the factory nylon fuel line several inches from the connector. Be sure to cut the line in an area where it is straight, not on a bend. Use a very sharp razor or utility knife with a brand new blade or a specialized nylon line cutting tool in order to achieve a perfectly straight and square cut without crushing the line.
2. Cut the replacement line to the correct length
3. Install the new quick connector to one end of the new section of line and the brass hose splicer to the opposite end.
4. Using an appropriate set of clamping pliers, install one 360 degree seal clamp at each end of the new replacement hose assembly and seat the clamps very firmly
5. Slide the last clamp over the old hose and install the new hose assembly into the existing line on the vehicle and firmly seat the clamp.
6. Install the new quick connector to the fuel filter and push down on the yellow locking tab closest to the fuel filter to lock the quick connector in place.
7. Have someone cycle the ignition to pressurize the fuel system and carefully check for leaks. Then start the engine and continue to monitor for leakage before operating the vehicle.
Note: When it comes time to replace the fuel filter later, the new quick connector is released by pulling outward on the yellow locking tab closest to the fuel filter, then pushing IN on the thumb tab farther away from the fuel filter.
Repairs factory line part number (and others):